VINCENT M. SIM, LCDR, USN
Vincent Sim '38
Date of birth: September 30, 1914
Date of death: May 6, 1946
From the 1938 Lucky Bag:
Life & Loss
Unable to find any information about Vincent's life or loss, except for his career summary below.
He is buried in California.
From naval aviation historian Richard Leonard via email on February 9, 2018:
- Date of rank LTJG from 1 Jul 1941 USN Register, 6/2/1941
- NAS Pensacola attached for HTA flight training, 3/19/1942
- Date of rank LT from 1 Jul 1942 USN Register, 6/15/1942
- NAS Pensacola designated NA # 15841, 7/24/1942
- Date of rank LCDR unknown, probably 10/17/45
- TacTest NAS Patuxent KIFA near Smith Island in Chesapeake Bay 5/6/1946
Vincent served as a LT aboard USS Hoggatt Bay (CVE 75) at some point during the war.
He is listed as the 83rd Naval Aviator to pilot a jet aircraft, doing so on February 21, 1946 at Patuxent Naval Air Station in a P-59B.