ROY E. GREEN, JR., LT, USN
Roy Green, Jr. '38
Date of birth: April 19, 1916
Date of death: July 21, 1942
From the 1938 Lucky Bag:
From naval aviation historian Richard Leonard via email on February 9, 2018:
- NAS Pensacola attached for HTA flight training, 8/26/1940
- NAS Pensacola designated NA # 7250, 3/4/1941
- Date of rank LTJG from 1 Jul 1941 USN Register, 6/2/1941
- Date of rank LT from 1 Jul 1942 USN Register, 6/15/1942
- USS Casco (AVP-12) received from VP-43 for transport NAS Dutch Harbor, 7/8/1942
- USS Casco (AVP-12) transfer to VP-43 for transport complete, 7/9/1942
- USS Casco (AVP-12) received from VP-43 for transport operating area, 7/17/1942
- USS Casco (AVP-12) transfer to VP-43 PatWing4 Nazan Bay, 7/18/1942
- VP-43 PatWing4 Chernofsky Harbor Unalaska KIFA BNR, 7/21/1942
Distinguished Flying Cross
From Hall of Valor:
(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: Lieutenant Roy E. Green, Jr. (NSN: 0-81359), United States Navy, was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight during World War II.
General Orders: American Battle Monuments Commission
Action Date: World War II
Memorial Hall Error?
Frank is not listed on the killed in action panel in the front of Memorial Hall. While not an obvious error, inclusion on the panel for crashes like this—which appears to be incidental to a combat flight—has been inconsistent across WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.